For the Dutch subsidiary our client wishes to appoint a Depot Manager.
The main responsibilities of this position:
- Recruit a team of staff qualified to operate the business
- Develop a business selling kitchens to builders for their own projects or for their customers’ homes
- Building relationships with builders in the local community, opening new credit accounts and getting them to trade
- Create a really customer focussed operation, equiped with the skills and experience to
provide support to the trade customers help and accommodate the to be successful.
- Responsible for depot monthly P&L
- Responsible for deciding how much stock is needed in the depot
- Protecting the cash and stock within the business
- Developing staff within the depot and motivate them to want to be a Manager themselves
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a management position in a business serving the Btb market . Could come from technical/electrical/sanitary or tool wholesale
• Affinity with the building industry and tradesman environment – understands and can communicate with this community;
• Prefers working in a compact, informal work environment rather than the large corporate environment.
• Good understanding of financial information and can run the business on the basis of common business KPI’s.
• Effective leader – creates a positive working environment – build real team spirit – is a good people manager at all levels in and outside of the own operation.
• Combines operational management skills with a commercial awareness, market and customer orientation, service minded, relationship builder prepared to make the extra effort and achieve success.