Location: The Netherlands
Contact: Diana Martinez
Company profile - Brand Manager
Our client is one of the most global players amongst the world's leading consumer goods companies. Our client is the true global leader in the oral care market, but also holds very strong regional leading positions within 3 other categories. Its appealing and innovative products are part of consumer’s everyday lives.
The organization is characterized by an open entrepreneurial culture and a results driven atmosphere. The local Dutch organization focuses on Sales, Marketing and Logistics while the Belgian subsidiary houses several supporting departments (Finance, HR, Legal). The larger organization offers plenty of training facilities as well as (international) job opportunities.
Motor of the success of the company is a continuous flow of new products or product improvements launched into the markets. The company is managed by a truly global team, committed to working together across countries and throughout the world. Our client cares about people and is committed to protect the global environment.
The position - Brand Manager
Mar Recruitment & Coaching has been requested to search for a Brand Manager Home Care for the Dutch organisation.
The role will be part of the Marketing department and reports directly to the Group Brand Manager. The Brand Manager is responsible for the product group Home care.
'To lead the development of the assigned products & brands on the Dutch market and ensure achievement of the business objectives'.
This position is accountable, in close collaboration with the Group Brand Manager, for managing a category of products (excluding sales and representation)
Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Developing & recommending the overall marketing plans for assigned products/brands including:
- product portfolio (aligned with European strategy)
- pricing strategies and plans
- promotion strategies and plans
- advertising and media strategy and plans
- Creating, ensuring and driving excellent execution of the marketing plans
- Working closely with other departments by leading the Crossfunctional Category Team.
- Understanding key drivers of business & adjust plans as needed to achieve business goals
- Continuously tracking in-market results vs goals
- Excellent execution of all product introductions: work closely with Customer Development and Customer Marketing colleagues to energize & mobilize the company behind your brand.
- Working closely with the Marketing team located in the Geneva headquarters and with the Innovation team located in Paris, building relationships, educating them on the specific needs of the Dutch market, and providing them with new ideas or better solutions to improve results.
- Must have strong conceptual, analytical and financial skills and consumer insight i.e. use research, factual information when solving problems and come up with well thought through solutions. You have an excellent knowledge of the Dutch retail landscape and dynamics.
- You are an entrepreneur and self starter. Ambitious, reliable and keen to take on responsibility in an organization that provides a high level of autonomy and individual responsibility.
- Result & profit oriented, committed to deliver and make things happen. Energy and drive is key. Strong implementation and project management skills.
- A real team player and excellent communicator able to motivate, convince and influence others to achieve the desired results.
- Consumer/ customer oriented.
- Positive attitude towards day to day international communication and coordination.
- Ability to work well under time pressure / stressful conditions. Proven successful in a growing business in a result oriented environment
- Languages: Excellent knowledge of English and Dutch
- Education: Bachelor or Master degree level
- Prior experience: Our candidate has several years of experience in Marketing/Sales/Trade Marketing gained in (highly competitive) FMCG markets within a commercially oriented blue-chip environment
Remuneration - Brand Manager
An attractive package, containing a fixed salary component (including a 13th month) and a variable bonus based on individual and company performance.
« Article overview